image credit izismile.com
I´d like to share with you more interesting and fun facts about animals. If you know of any other facts, please feel free to share it with us by using comments. Thanks!
- Camel´s have 3 eyelids.
- A Crocodile can´t stick its tongue out.
- Tigers have striped skin, and not just striped fur.
- The Bullfrog is the only animal that never sleeps, it only rests.
- The world’s slowest moving fish is the Dwarf seahorse, with a top speed of about 152 cm per hour.
- The Sailfish is practically the fastest animal in the sea, with a top speed of about 110 kilometers per hour.
- Pea crabs (about the size of a pea or dime) are the smallest crabs in the world.
- An annoyed Camel will spit at a person, however they do not really spit - it’s more like throwing up. Instead of saliva camels let out some partially digested food.
- The Chameleon can focus its eyes separately to observe 2 objects at once.
- Almost 3% of the ice in Antarctic glaciers is Penguin urine.
- The giant cricket of Africa likes to eat human hair.
- The Basenji is the only dog that does not bark (it makes a low, liquid ululation instead).
- During World War II, Americans tried to train Bats to drop bombs.
- The last animal in the dictionary is the Zyzzyva, a tropical weevil.
- Hummingbirds are not only the smallest birds but also the only birds that can fly backwards.
- A group of Kangaroos is generally called a mob, but can also be a troop or court.
- The largest known spider is the Goliath bird eater which is about the size of a dinner plate.
- The first cloned cat was called copycat.